Your online safety is important to me. That’s why I will do my utmost to protect your data. But to put your mind at rest, I’ve set out how and why I will use any personal information that you choose to trust me with.
My commitment to you
This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data I collect from you, or that you provide to me, will be processed. Please read the following carefully to understand my views and practices regarding your personal data and how I will treat it. By visiting www.racheljbonner.co.uk (“this site”) you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy.
Information I collect from you
I will collect and process the following data about you:
Information you give me.
This is information about you that you give me by filling in forms on this site, participating in voluntary surveys or by corresponding with me by e-mail or otherwise. It includes information you provide when you subscribe to the newsletter, participate in discussion boards or other social media functions on or from this site, complete a voluntary survey and when you report a problem with the site. The information you give me may include your name, address, e-mail address, phone number, and Twitter handle.
Information I collect about you.
I do not currently collect any other information about you. In future, and without further notice, when you visit this site I may automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform, log-in time and referring website addresses
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL), clickstream to, through and from the site (including date and time), products you viewed or searched for, page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page.
Information about other individuals.
If you give me information on behalf of someone else, you confirm that the other person has appointed you to act on his/her behalf and has agreed that you can:
o give consent on his/her behalf to the processing of his/her personal data;
o receive on his/her behalf any data protection notices; and
You should inform them how I collect, use, disclose, and retain their personal information according to our privacy notice.
Uses I make of the information
I may use information held about you in the following ways:
- to provide you with a newsletter which may contain:
o information about books, blogs and articles written by me;
o information about other books which are similar to those written by me;
o blogs, tips and other information that I think will be of interest to you;
o notifications about changes to my website or social media;
o invitations to participate in voluntary surveys.
- to ensure that content from this site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to administer this site including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes and as part of my efforts to keep my site safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising;
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of my site about books or similar that may interest you or them.
I will share your data only with those business partners who assist me in the use I make of the information. These are www.formoid.net
who provide the software for collecting your email address, www.mailerlite.com
who both provide mail management services. I share only your name and email address, in my own secure account. No partner has direct access to your email address nor will they use it to contact you without your consent.
If you prefer not to receive any further direct marketing communications from me, you can opt out at any time using the unsubscribe or opt out mechanism in the relevant newsletter.
I may process personal information for certain legitimate business purposes, which include some or all of the following:
- where the processing enables me to enhance, modify, personalise or otherwise improve my communications
- to identify and prevent fraud
- to enhance the security of my information systems
- to better understand how you interact with my website
- to determine the effectiveness of promotional campaigns and advertising.
“Legitimate Interests” means my interests in conducting and managing my business to enable me to give you the best service and the best and most secure experience. I will balance any potential impact on you (both positive and negative), and your rights under data protection laws. My legitimate business interests do not automatically override your interests - I will not use your Personal Data for activities where my interests are overridden by the impact on you unless I am otherwise required or permitted to by law.
You have the right to object to this processing if you wish.
Disclosure of your information
I will not disclose your information to anyone else except:
- someone who is employed by or contracted by me to provide or assist me in providing the service you expect from me. Such a person will have access only to provide this, and not for any other purpose.
- to protect the rights, property, or safety of myself or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud prevention
I will only keep your information for so long as it is necessary to fulfil the purpose for which it was collected. I will use the following criteria to determine how long I should keep your data:
- whether or not you are opening emails that I send to you with communications
- if I am required by law to keep your information for a certain period of time;
- if I need to keep copies of correspondence with you to resolve complaints.
- if you have not opened emails from me for a period of 2 or more years we may close your account and delete your information. I will attempt to contact you before I do this.
You have the following rights:
- you have the right to ask me to stop contacting you with direct marketing
- you have the right to request a copy of your information
- you have the right to ask me to correct any mistakes in your information
- you have the right to request I cease processing your information
- you have the right to request deletion of your information if it is no longer necessary for me to hold that data for the purpose for which it was originally collected or processed; or you wish to withdraw your consent to me holding and processing your personal data; or you object to me holding and processing your personal data (and there is no overriding legitimate interest to allow us to continue doing so); or the personal data has been processed unlawfully; or the personal data needs to be erased in order for me to comply with a particular legal obligation.
Unless I have reasonable grounds to refuse to erase your personal data, all requests for erasure shall be complied with.
Changes to this policy
Please use these contact details to exercise your rights as outlined in the “Your rights” section above.
Links to other websites
This website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave this site, you should note that I do not have any control over other websites and their content. Therefore, I cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.